The new ASB officers of 2018-2019 have been elected. We asked them some questions to learn more about them: 1)Why did you run? 2)What do you hope to accomplish? 3)What is a fun fact about yourself?
ASB President: Vincent Liang
1) I ran for my position because I enjoy this stuff
2) To create a more school spirited community
3) I can play violin really good
Business Vice President: Irene Tan
1) I ran for this position because I want to fund the school and also want to make people more spirited.
2) I want to get a great start for our freshman class
3) I am not fun
Historian: Cody Tieu
1) Because I like drawing and contribute to school events
2) Creating nice memories for the ASB Officers.
3) I like the color blue
ASB Social Vice President: Yaxuan Guan
1) So I can get every student involved
2) I hope to accomplish different people from different cultures can learn more from others.
3) I like Korean Pop
Treasurer: Aidan Zhu
1) Because Valerie, Galileo’s current ASB Treasurer, said it was a great opportunity
2) To not lose any money
3) I was born on Friday the 13th
Recording Secretary: Cindy Huang
1) Because I wanted to promote school spirit and make change in this school
2) I hope to accomplish is to promote activities whose language is not english and be a more inclusive school
3) I was born in Hong Kong
SAC Representative: Karen Ung
1) Because I wanted to make changes in the Galileo community
2) I want to make the community closer
3) I like to draw
Corresponding Secretary: Amy Huang
1) I ran for my position because I want to change this school and help ASB and work with others.
2) I hope to help out the school and try to involve more people and help with fundraising, and get people to be more involved (pep rallies)
3) I have never been out of the country.
Commissioner of Activities and Rallies : Erika Louie
1) Because I hoped to continue and improve the student body involvement in activities
2) I hope to create exciting prep rallies and spirit days that even teachers will participate in
3) I was born in Los Angeles