By: Cody Tieu
The new ASB officers of 2018-2019 have been elected. We asked them some questions to learn more about them:
- Why did you run?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- What is a fun fact about yourself?
Freshman President, Amanda Chang
1. I ran for President because I wanted to make a good change for the freshmen class.
2. I hope to make help make good sales for our class, to understand each other, and have a good freshman year.
3. A fun fact about myself is that I am part of the Dragon Boat team.
Social Vice President, Amberlynn Tran
1. I ran because I want to be more involved in school and because I did not get a chance to in middle school.
2. I hope to be able to get a lot of people in my class involved in our pep rallies and Song and Yell next year.
3. I am on the Galileo’s Swim Team.
Recording Secretary, Anthea Yuen
1. I wanted to make a positive change in our community and inspire others to participate in class activities and be able to do my job at the same time.
2. I hope to inspire other people to run for student government.
3. I do Taekwondo and I’m part of the volleyball team.
Corresponding Secretary, Jolie Lam
1. I ran for this position to get out of my comfort zone and to help my class.
2. I hope to learn and help organize events for my class.
3. I helped out and participated in this year’s Song and Yell for my class.
Activities Chairperson, Winnie He
1. I ran because I want to organize fun events for the students to participate in.
2. To get more people involved in our pep rallies and join pep club and Song and Yell next year.
3. I can play the piano.