Written by Kamieya B.
When I was a freshman and sophomore I didn’t even know what stress was. When finals would come around, classes just never felt that serious. But during my Junior year that all changed. Last year was when I really began to stress about everything, and it felt like the end of the world because I knew that colleges were looking at grades.
The three things I do in order not to stress is; talk to my classmates about the class, get help from my teachers, and I also try my best cause that’s all I can do.
When I over stressed about Spanish 2 I had a nose bleed for the whole day even though I did better than I thought on the final. To me, stress is like a zombie walking around like you’re dead, even though you’re technically alive. Currently, my stats class is the most stressing because the teaching methods are not what I’m used to.
The way I cope with my stress is writing things down and ripping them up. It helps me by not thinking about it anymore. I also inform my mother about the classes that are difficult for me and she encourages to keep moving forward with life because it will pass by if I think on the past too much. Right now I’m preparing for my hardest final by doing all the practice sheets, going to get help from the teacher, and putting studying before anything else.
I’ve realized that stress is very unhealthy, and while everyone has it, you can’t let it limit you from success. I’ve learned to take my stress day by day, get enough sleep, and ask for help when I need it.
Overview of how you feel when you know finals are coming
- How I cope with my stress
- I write things down and rip it up. That helps me not think about it anymore.
- I talk about it
- What am I doing to prepare for the hardest
- Doing all the practice sheets, going to get help from the teacher, and trying my best.
- How I have stressed in the past
- Last year when I over stressed I had a nose bleed for the whole day and did better than I thought.
- What does it look like/feel like?
- Stress looks a zombie trying to be alive and feels very overwhelming.
- Which class stresses me out the most
- Currently, my stats class is the most stressing.
- What have you learned about why stressing is bad????
- Stress is very unhealthy and everyone has it, but you can’t let it limit you from the success that is to come.
- How you’ve learned to cope with the stress?
- I’ve learned to take it day by day and ask for help when I need it.