By Kevin S.
A number of Galileo’s seniors, and even some juniors, attended either Cal Day at UC Berkeley or Spartan Day at SJSU on Saturday April 13th. Galileo students attended in order to get to check out the campus and dorms in order to help them decide what college they want to attend.
Here’s what Galileopress wanted to know from some of the students who attended:
- Did you attend Cal Day or Spartan Day and did you go with anyone?
- What was one thing you liked about your visit?
- What was one thing that surprised you?
- I went to Cal Day and mostly walked around by myself after I was on the tour for a little bit.
- I liked how one of the clubs was selling mochi donuts which showed how they’re interested in others culture.
- One thing that surprised me was that there were a lot more male students than female students.
- I went to Cal Day with Michelle and we walked around a lot that day.
- I liked the band because they were synchronized and very school spirited.
- One thing that surprised me was that we explored for three hours and were only able to cover about half of the campus.
- I went to Spartan Day with my friend and I was able to tour the campus, some dorms, and they gave us a drawstring bag.
- I liked the diversity on campus and how energetic everyone was.
- One thing that surprised me was the total cost including housing and everything.
- I went to Spartan Day with some of my friends and we got to tour Joe West, a dorm unit, after a two hour wait.
- I liked the campus and how nice people were to everyone.
- One thing that surprised me was how diverse the campus was.
- I went to Cal Day with a group of my classmates and I got a tour of the campus.
- I liked how everyone had school spirit and how passionate they are.
- I was surprised by their library, Main Stacks. It’s underground and only Cal students can get into it.
- I went to Spartan Day with a group of my friends and luckily we were able to get a dorm tour.
- I liked how you can walk anywhere on campus and the buildings aren’t too far apart.
- I was surprised that there weren’t very many boba places around campus even though it’s in San Jose.